www.jack-oconnor.org

Talk about the great legacy that is Jack O'Connor

Member Introduction

Discuss the fine firearms Jack loved and used

Member Introduction

Postby Idaho_oldtimer » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:57 pm

Hello, I am new to this forum and look forward to participating. A good family friend taught my late father and me to reload and introduced us to the Winchester model 70 in 1964, when I was fourteen years old. Of course it didn't take long to find Jack O'Connors writings in Outdoor Life, and I read everything he wrote. I wrote to Mr. O'Connor on three different occasions with questions on reloading and though I am sure my inexperience at that time was obvious, Jack responded with answers that were so very helpful to a young enthusiast. I remember that he penned his signature as "J'OC."
I visited the Jack O'Connor center a couple of years ago, and thoroughly enjoyed my visit. I hope to return again before long.
Idaho_oldtimer

Re: Member Introduction

Postby Arctosman » Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:41 pm

Welcome to the Forum Idaho Old Timer. It seems a lot of us kids grew up reading Jack O'Connor in Outdoor Life Magazine. And seeing that we are the same age, if you an Idaho Old Timer, then I must be a 'Washington Old Timer'!

If you live in Idaho, then I would recommend that you plan on visiting the Jack O'Connor Hunting Heritage and Education Center the second weekend in June next year for the annual Friday night banquet, and Saturday celebration and gun show. The annual shindig this year was attended by O'Connor family members, O'Connor fans and nationally known outdoor writers. Andrew McKean, Editor at large for Outdoor Life Magazine spoke at Friday night's dinner. Saturday's Writers' Round Table emcee was nationally known outdoor writer, Wayne VanZwoll. There was a small gun show on Saturday that showcased some wonderful firearms and it was attended by legendary custom stock maker, Jerry Fisher.

Again, welcome,
Blued steel & walnut,
Arctosman
Arctosman

Return to Jack O'Connor's Guns